There are no auditions scheduled at this time. For future consideration, please submit a headshot and resume as ONE PDF file: Last, First_HSR.pdf to Casting Director, Alison Plott at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Winter 2020 Director
The Comrades are currently accepting resumes for guest directors for their winter 2020 production of THE LAYOVER by Leslye Headland. The show will be produced in the Upstairs Studio at the Greenhouse Theater Center.
About the show: Shellie and Dex meet on a plane during an airport layover in Chicago. After a quick seduction, each stranger playing a version of themselves, they have a playful yet passionate one-night stand. In the following months, their external lives with their respective partners remain the same, but the impact of their liaison soon invades their psychological landscapes. Their personal dramas unfurl simultaneously, until romantic obsession and intense loneliness drive them toward an inevitable and tragic reunion.
Items to note:
* The play features intimacy and violence for the adult actors. We will hire an intimacy director/fight choreographer as needed, but directors should be comfortable with this aspect of the play.
* One role is played by a child around the age of ten.
* One adult role and several design positions will be filled by members of the company.
* Applicants should be comfortable with contemporary dark comedy.
Directors should send a resume that highlights past directing experiences to email@example.com. Reviews/photos of your work are good to have on file but not required. Script available upon request. Please apply by Friday, August 9.
Important Production Dates:
* Rehearsals to start in January 2020
* Tech Weekend: February 15 & 16
* Previews: February 20 & 21
* Opening Night: February 22
* Closing Performance: March 22